4. Mar, 2017

First kibble, poisonous foods and worming.

All that kibble and milk, its time to sleep and grow.  At the front of the photo on the left is Milopaws Venus.

After all that furry loveliness I thought I would blog about some less than savoury necessities and mention a few thoughts regarding toxins and poisons, did you know that the following foods are poisonous to dogs?




  •  Alcohol.
  • Chocolate.
  • Coffee/Caffeine.
  • Grapes/Raisins/Currants/Sultanas.
  • Artificial sweeteners containing xylitol.
  • Some human vitamins and supplements.
  • Mouldy food.
  • Onions, chives and garlic.
  • Slug pellets and other pesticides.
  • Yeast/Dough.
  • Some garden/household plants.
  • Macadamia nuts.
  • Brassica plants (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, swede, turnip)

The puppies have all been wormed this week.  Did you know that children are at increased risk of disease from worms; if you have a young family or your dog often comes into contact with children, you should pay particular attention to regular worming. Again, always consult with your vet with regard to the most appropriate treatment schedule.

All animals are at risk of acquiring worm infections and although all puppies are obviously healthy as a precaution all puppies have been wormed this week.  They will be further wormed at 4, 6 and 8 weeks.  When they go to their new homes, new puppy owners will have full details of the dates that the puppies were wormed, the product used and the amount given. (This will have been carefully calculated in accordance with each individual puppy's weight.)  I would recommend that new puppy owners consult with their vet with regard to the most appropriate treatment schedule. 

On another note, you may be interested to know that next Satuday 11th its Gundog at Crufts.

I hope you enjoy the individual photos of the puppies having their first kibble.